Job Scope: The Student Records Assistant supports the Registrar’s Office by providing customer service, performing data entry, and maintaining student records. The Student Records Assistant is also responsible for registering students, processing changes in records, completing transcript requests, assisting in the review of transfer credits, managing the transfer credit database, and other clerical duties. The Student Records Assistant interacts with students, parents, faculty, and staff and works with other offices to provide coordinated and effective student services.
Essential Job Responsibilities
- Provides outstanding service to students, parents, other members of the College Community, and the public with specific focus on inquiries, customer support, and requests for information related to the Registrar’s Office.
- Provides support to the Registrar’s Office including, but not limited to data-entry, filing, copying, mailing, office scheduling, and supply management.
- Adheres closely to record release procedures and registration policies and fulfills all legal requirements governing the confidentiality of student records.
- Registers students as per College procedures.
- Prepares and distributes necessary materials and information to students, faculty, and staff regarding registration, transcript evaluation, academic record updates, transcript processing, and prerequisites.
- Verifies and processes a variety of forms and works in concert with the academic office in processing requests including, but not limited to, transcript evaluation and equivalency review, prerequisite/co-requisite waivers, requirement changes, name and address change, change of major, withdrawal, and residency verification.
- Processes all requests for official and unofficial transcripts.
- Ability and endurance necessary to work the hours needed to complete the job.
- Attendance at all mandatory meetings.
- Other duties as assigned.
Qualifications: To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able have the knowledge, skills, and abilities to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
Education: Associate’s degree required. Bachelor’s degree preferred.
Experience & Knowledge: Two years related experience preferred.
Computer Skills: Proficient in a variety of computer software applications in word processing and spreadsheets (MS Excel, Word, etc.). Knowledge of or ability to learn College specific programs.
Certificates, Licenses, Registrations: None
Physical Demands: While performing the duties of this Job, the employee is regularly required to sit, stand, walk, and talk or hear. The employee is frequently required to use hands to finger, handle, or feel; and to reach with hands or arms. The employee must occasionally lift and/or move up to 25 pounds and may need to stoop, kneel, or crouch. The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
Work Environment: The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
The noise level in the work environment is usually moderate.
Location: Richland Campus
IMPORTANT NOTE: This is a bargaining unit support staff position. All newly hired regular full-time employees will serve a probationary period of three (3) months. Health benefits and retirement contributions will begin on the 1st of the month following completion of 30 calendar days of employment. All other non-monetary benefits will begin following completion of the three (3) month probationary period. During the probationary period, employees will be required to demonstrate fitness for the position prior to receiving permanent appointment.
PAY RATE: Begins at $10.43 per hour. A final offer rate will depend on education and experience.
Deadline to Apply: Friday, March 9, 2018 by 4:00 p.m.
Applications will be accepted until the position is filled; however, those received by the deadline will receive guaranteed priority consideration.
Application materials required for full consideration:
- Employment Application
- Cover Letter
BENEFITS: The College offers a comprehensive benefits package that includes medical, dental and vision coverage to full-time employees and their dependents. Benefits package also includes short-term/long-term disability, retirement, life insurance, generous paid time off, and 11 paid holidays.
Please note that reference to a resume on the employment application may not be substituted for a fully completed employment application. Please do not fax or mail any documentation. Official college transcripts are required upon hire.
Employment is contingent upon submission and satisfactory review of any background check clearances as may be required by Pennsylvania Act 153. Please refer to our Pre-Employment Background Check Information page for more detailed information.
At this time, Pennsylvania Highlands Community College cannot sponsor applicants for work visas for this position.
Pennsylvania Highlands Community College is an equal opportunity employer committed to diversity in the workplace. Pennsylvania Highlands Community College promotes a drug-free workplace.
Pennsylvania Highlands Community College does not discriminate in employment on the basis of race, color, religion, sex (including pregnancy and gender identity), national origin, political affiliation, sexual orientation, marital status, disability, genetic information, age, retaliation, parental status, military service, or other non-merit factor.