This position is responsible for processing purchase requests and purchase orders for products and supplies, which are initiated by departments. Under the direct supervision of the Director of Finance and Administration, the Clerk will order supplies and materials, schedule deliveries, receive product, and ensure delivery to proper department. The Purchasing Clerk will ensure that the college supply inventories are maintained at appropriate levels. This position is also responsible for the processing, sorting, and distribution of internal and external mail and shipments.
Essential Job Responsibilities
- Process purchase requests to purchase orders and place orders for materials. Track placed orders until product is delivered to proper department. Ensure packing slips and invoices for products are forwarded to accounting.
- Keep track of college supply inventory and order College supplies when necessary.
- Maintain a filing system in the purchase department.
- Interact with suppliers in case of delay in delivery of supplies, receipt of damaged or incorrect quantity of goods.
- Maintain the colleges Right to Know procedures relating to purchasing activities.
- Inventory and Tag new furniture and equipment items as they arrive in accordance with college policies and regulations.
- Monitor and record the movement of tagged assets from one site or room to another in Jenzabar. Record the disposal of assets in Jenzabar.
- Sorting and distributing internal and external mail as well as package shipments, process outgoing mail, and operate a postage machine.
- Attendance at all mandatory meetings.
- Other duties as assigned.
Qualifications: To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able have the knowledge, skills, and abilities to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
Education: High School Diploma
Experience & Knowledge: One year of experience in an office environment with demonstrated communication and organizational skills required. Knowledge of purchasing procedures is preferred.
Computer Skills: MS Outlook, Word and Excel required. Jenzabar knowledge preferred.
Certificates, Licenses, Registrations: None
Physical Demands: Frequent standing and walking. Must be able to talk, hear and operate a computer. Frequent lifting up to 35 lbs. The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
Work Environment: Typical office environment with a quiet to moderate noise level.
Important Note: This is a bargaining unit support staff position. All newly hired regular part-time employees will serve a probationary period of 520 hours. During the probationary period, employees will be required to demonstrate fitness for the position prior to receiving permanent appointment.
Hours: 20 hours per week; shift begins in the morning & ends in the afternoon.
Pay Rate: Pay range begins at $10.11 per hour.
Deadline to Apply: Friday, July 6, 2018 by 4:00 p.m.
Applications will be accepted until the position is filled; however, fully completed employment applications received by the deadline with all required application materials will receive guaranteed priority consideration.
Application materials required for full consideration:
- Employment Application
- Cover Letter
Please note that employment applications referencing ‘see resume’ or similar phrases are considered incomplete and may not be considered. For guaranteed priority consideration, applicants must submit a fully completed employment application with all required materials by the deadline.
Please do not call in regards to the status of your application. Only those candidates chosen for an interview will be contacted.
Please do not fax or mail any documentation. Official College or High School transcripts are required upon hired.
Employment is contingent upon submission and satisfactory review of any background check clearances as may be required by Pennsylvania Act 153. Please refer to our Pre-Employment Background Check Information page for more detailed information.
At this time, Pennsylvania Highlands Community College cannot sponsor applicants for work visas for any position.
Pennsylvania Highlands Community College is an equal opportunity employer committed to diversity in the workplace. Pennsylvania Highlands Community College promotes a drug-free workplace.
Pennsylvania Highlands Community College does not discriminate in employment on the basis of race, color, religion, sex (including pregnancy and gender identity), national origin, political affiliation, sexual orientation, marital status, disability, genetic information, age, retaliation, parental status, military service, or other non-merit factor.