The part-time Office Assistant provides high quality front-line customer service and administrative support for the department. He/she assists in the coordination of program planning, delivery, and assessment in a fast paced, innovative, team-oriented environment.
Essential Job Responsibilities
- Effectively manage all frontline activities and communications (telephone, email, face-to-face) in a courteous and professional manner.
- Record and relay detailed messages to appropriate staff.
- Provide administrative support and assistance to staff in Career Services, Workforce Development and Continuing Education including creation and delivery of documents, publications and mailings, course/event planning and delivery, data tracking, data entry and report generation.
- Prepare all course-related documentation, accept and process non-credit registrations and monitor enrollment of non-credit classes.
- Assist students with career-related software resources.
- Manage the planning and coordination of training and facility rental events.
- Assist with the planning and implementation of professional development workshops, job fairs, and other special projects.
- Attendance at all mandatory meetings.
- Other duties as assigned.
Qualifications: To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able have the knowledge, skills, and abilities to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
Education: Associate Degree preferred in business, accounting, or office technology
Experience & Knowledge: A minimum of one year of related work experience required.
Computer Skills: Experience with Microsoft Office and Adobe is required; proficiency with Microsoft Excel, including chart and graph generation, is required; familiarity with Jenzabar preferred.
Certificates, Licenses, Registrations:
Physical Demands: Frequent sitting. Must be able to see, talk, hear, and operate a computer. Occasional lifting up to 25 lbs. Occasional local travel required. The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
Work Environment: Typical office environment with a quiet to moderate noise level.
RATE: Pay ranges from $10.11 to $11.50 per hour depending on education and experience
HOURS: 20 hours per week.
LOCATION: Richland Campus
IMPORTANT NOTE: This is a bargaining unit support staff position. All newly hired regular part-time employees will serve a probationary period of 520 hours. During the probationary period, employees will be required to demonstrate fitness for the position prior to receiving permanent appointment.
To APPLY: Click here for the Employment Application. To ensure full consideration, you must submit your application online by 4:00 PM on Friday, August 18, 2017; however, applications will be accepted until the position is filled. Upon completion of an employment application, you will be able to upload the following documents, which are required for full consideration:
- Cover Letter
Please note that reference to a resume may not be substituted for a fully completed employment application. Please do not fax or mail any documentation. Official College or High School transcripts are required prior to hire.
As a condition of employment, the successful candidate must obtain all background clearances as may be required by Pennsylvania Act 153. Please refer to our Pre-Employment Background Check Information page for more detailed information.
At this time, Pennsylvania Highlands Community College cannot sponsor applicants for work visas for this position.
Pennsylvania Highlands Community College is an equal opportunity employer committed to diversity in the workplace. Pennsylvania Highlands Community College promotes a drug-free workplace.
Pennsylvania Highlands Community College does not discriminate in employment on the basis of race, color, religion, sex (including pregnancy and gender identity), national origin, political affiliation, sexual orientation, marital status, disability, genetic information, age, retaliation, parental status, military service, or other non-merit factor.