The Student Facilitator provides intensive case management services to all Penn Highlands KEYS eligible students. The KEYS Program Student Facilitator works with students to orient them to the KEYS program requirements and works with students to access all of the services that are available both through the PA Department of Welfare and the College. The Student Facilitator supports KEYS students as they navigate the college experience working closely with them to ensure compliance with all program requirements. This position provides these services in the interest of meeting the program’s annual goals as set by the Department of Human Services for the program.
Essential Job Responsibilities
- Assist KEYS students in the enrollment process and review the participation requirements.
- Assist in the design of and actively participate in activities, which optimize the effectiveness of the College’s programs for the success and retention of KEYS students.
- Support KEYS students in resolving compliance-related issues by collaborating with the CAO, other areas of the college, and Community Partners/Resources.
- Deliver comprehensive case management services to meet the needs of KEYS students by meeting regularly with KEYS students at all Penn Highlands locations to ensure their success at Penn Highlands.
- Monitor student compliance and ensure that the KEYS student is attending classes and maintaining satisfactory academic progress.
- Maintain confidential student files.
- Serve as a liaison between faculty, academic administration, students, and Student Success Center staff on matters concerning KEYS students.
- Assist in compiling and reporting required Commonwealth Workforce Development System (CWDS) data used to evaluate student and program outcomes and make available appropriate documentation for audits.
- Attend trainings and conferences as required by Bureau of Employment Programs and the KEYS Program Coordinator.
- In collaboration with the Admissions Department, provide a comprehensive overview of College programs, admissions procedures, and other information essential for prospective students to make an informed decision regarding program participation and attendance.
- Attendance at all mandatory meetings.
- Other duties as assigned.
Qualifications: To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able have the knowledge, skills, and abilities to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
Education: Associate Degree in a related field; Bachelor’s Degree preferred.
Experience & Knowledge: Experience working in an administrative/office position is preferred. Experience working with under-prepared students and/or experience in human services or social work is preferred.
Computer Skills: Proficient with Microsoft Office products including Word, Excel, Outlook, and PowerPoint. Ability to use computer for research. Knowledge of College specific systems preferred. Experience using PA Department of Human Services systems a plus.
Certificates, Licenses, Registrations: Criminal Background Clearances. Valid driver’s license and access to a personal vehicle.
Physical Demands: The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
While performing the duties of this position, the employee is regularly required to use a computer, copier, and telephone, and travel by car to all Penn Highlands campuses.
Work Environment: Typical office environment with a quiet to moderate noise level.
Important Note: This is a bargaining unit support staff position. All newly hired regular full-time employees will serve a probationary period of three (3) months. Health benefits and retirement contributions will begin on the 1st of the month following completion of 30 calendar days of employment. All other non-monetary benefits will begin following completion of the three (3) month probationary period. During the probationary period, employees will be required to demonstrate fitness for the position prior to receiving permanent appointment.
Pay Rate: $11.25 – $13.00 per hour; pay is dependent upon education and experience.
Deadline to Apply: Friday, January 25, 2019 by 4:00 p.m.
Applications will be accepted until the position is filled; however, fully completed employment applications received by the deadline with all required application materials will receive guaranteed priority consideration.
Application materials required for full consideration:
- Employment Application
- Cover Letter
Please note that employment applications referencing ‘see resume’ or similar phrases are considered incomplete and may not be considered. For guaranteed priority consideration, applicants must submit a fully completed employment application with all required application materials by the deadline.
Please do not call in regards to the status of your application. Only those candidates chosen for an interview will be contacted.
Benefits: The College offers a comprehensive benefits package that includes medical, dental, and vision coverage to full-time employees and their dependents. Benefits package also includes short-term/long-term disability, retirement, life insurance, generous paid time off, and 11 paid holidays.
Please do not fax or mail any documentation. Official College transcripts or High School transcripts are required upon hire.
Employment is contingent upon submission and satisfactory review of any background check clearances as may be required by Pennsylvania Act 153. Please refer to our Pre-Employment Background Check Information page for more detailed information.
At this time, Pennsylvania Highlands Community College cannot sponsor applicants for work visas for any position.
Pennsylvania Highlands Community College is an equal opportunity employer committed to diversity in the workplace. Pennsylvania Highlands Community College promotes a drug-free workplace.
Pennsylvania Highlands Community College does not discriminate in employment on the basis of race, color, religion, sex (including pregnancy and gender identity), national origin, political affiliation, sexual orientation, marital status, disability, genetic information, age, retaliation, parental status, military service, or other non-merit factor.