This position supports Student Services in fulfillment of the College’s mission. The Center Director manages the operations of the center and ensures implementation and adherence to the College’s standards, policies and procedures through dynamic and creative leadership. This position is responsible for successfully recruiting and retaining students at the center, as well as building productive relationships with institutional constituents and the community. The Center Director assists students in achieving their educational and career goals in student centered, supportive environment by providing and supervising student services.
Essential Job Responsibilities
- Responsible for ongoing development, implementation and assessment of the center’s operations through processes and procedures and effective problem-solving.
- Manages the center’s operations including adherence to the center’s budget and staff recruitment, training, and evaluation.
- Meets specific goals in the recruitment of students by developing, implementing, and evaluating comprehensive enrollment and marketing plans, through collaboration with other college departments such as Admissions, Marketing, and Student Services.
- Establishes and maintains effective communication and relationships with community leaders, industry, and educational professionals who may offer insight into community needs, opportunities, donations, and recruiting strategies.
- Offers comprehensive services to students which include registration, financial aid, advising, student success, coordinating services with ADA Specialist, career services, student activities, classroom matters, and student account issues.
- Receives and responds to student and faculty concerns related to the Center, and coordinates delivery of academic affairs at the center.
- Manages the Center’s advisory council through preparation of meeting schedules, agendas, and meeting reports, minutes, and may also lead the meetings.
- Representing the College at external events through schools, community, corporate, and other events.
- Remains current on issues, trends, and best practices in higher education through research and college supported professional development events.
- Attendance at all mandatory meetings.
- Other duties as assigned.
Assistant Center Director or Center Assistant; Administrative Coordinators; may have other direct reports unique to each Center.
Qualifications: To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able have the knowledge, skills, and abilities to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
Education: Bachelor’s degree in a field related to the position is required; Master’s degree preferred.
Experience & Knowledge: 5 years’ experience in higher education with an emphasis on recruitment, admissions, or student services. Self-motivated with a strong understanding of recruitment strategies, enrollment management, advising, program management, and external relations. A minimum of three years’ experience in personnel management and directing the work of others.
Computer Skills: MS Office required; Jenzabar preferred
Certificates, Licenses, Registrations: Valid driver’s license.
Physical Demands: While performing the duties of this position, the employee is regularly required to sit and talk or hear. The employee is frequently required to use hands to finger, handle, or feel. The employee must occasionally lift and/or move up to 25 pounds. The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
Work Environment: Typical office environment with a quiet to moderate noise level.
Deadline to Apply: Friday, March 22, 2019 by 4:00 p.m.
Applications will be accepted until the position is filled; however, fully completed employment applications received by the deadline with all required application materials will receive guaranteed priority consideration.
Application materials required for full consideration:
- Employment Application
- Cover Letter
Please note that employment applications referencing ‘see resume’ or similar phrases are considered incomplete and may not be considered. For guaranteed priority consideration, applicants must submit a fully completed employment application with all required application materials by the deadline.
Please do not call in regards to the status of your application. Only those candidates chosen for an interview will be contacted.
Benefits: The College offers a comprehensive benefits package that includes medical, dental and vision coverage to full-time employees and their dependents. Benefits package also includes short-term/long-term disability, retirement, life insurance, generous paid time off, and 11 paid holidays.
Please do not fax or mail any documentation. Official College transcripts are required upon hire.
Employment is contingent upon submission and satisfactory review of any background check clearances as may be required by Pennsylvania Act 153. Please refer to our Pre-Employment Background Check Information page for more detailed information.
At this time, Pennsylvania Highlands Community College cannot sponsor applicants for work visas for any position. Additionally, there is no relocation assistance available.
Pennsylvania Highlands Community College is an equal opportunity employer committed to diversity in the workplace. Pennsylvania Highlands Community College promotes a drug-free workplace.
Pennsylvania Highlands Community College does not discriminate in employment on the basis of race, color, religion, sex (including pregnancy and gender identity), national origin, political affiliation, sexual orientation, marital status, disability, genetic information, age, retaliation, parental status, military service, or other non-merit factor.