Applications Support Analyst
Job Scope: The Application Support Analyst is responsible for all aspects of software applications across all of the College’s locations in addition to supporting the help desk. This includes troubleshooting, installing, diagnosing, configuring, and maintaining software systems across the college. This includes, but is not limited to our learning management system, Office 365, MyPeak, and other software applications. This position provides everything from front-line telephone support to preventative maintenance for enterprise applications. The ideal candidate will take ownership of tasks, have a clear customer focus, exceptional communication and people skills, and solid technical abilities. The candidate must be able to explain technical concepts to non-technical persons, have strong analytical, written, oral and presentations skills, and be a self-starter with a collaborative spirit. This individual also works closely with network and systems administrators, web application support specialist, and systems analyst to configure and provide support for enterprise software applications along with participating in the planning and implementation of policies and procedures to ensure software applications are consistent with the institution’s goals, industry best practices, and regulatory requirements.
Essential Job Responsibilities:
- Identifies, diagnoses, and resolves Level One problems for users of personal computer software and hardware, College network resources, the Internet and new computer technology in a call center environment and effectively communicate solutions to end-users.
- Configures, updates and manages software application needs across the college.
- Provides training for software applications across the college on an as needed basis.
- Provides one-on-one end-user problem resolution over the phone for College-approved Personal Computer (PC) software.
- Delivers, tags, sets up, and assists in the configuration of end-user PC desktop hardware, software and peripherals.
- Diagnoses and resolves end-user network or local printer problems, PC hardware problems, e-mail, Internet, application and local-area network access problems.
- Coordinates timely repair of PC computer equipment covered by third-party vendor maintenance agreements.
- Performs minor desktop hardware repair for PC computer equipment and peripherals that are not covered by third-party vendor maintenance agreements.
- Helps to install local area network cabling systems and equipment such as network interface cards, hubs and switches.
- Read, understand, and apply complex technical information.
- Master new computer technology via self-study.
- Support and train end-users in a wide range of software applications as needed.
- Assists fellow IT staff members in creating materials for end-user frequently asked questions (FAQs).
- Other duties as assigned.
Direct Reports: None
Qualifications: To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able have the knowledge, skills, and abilities to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
Education: An Associate’s or Bachelor’s Degree is required.
Experience & Knowledge:
- A minimum of three years of relevant work experience is required.
- The ideal candidate will take ownership of tasks, have a clear customer focus, exceptional communication and people skills, and solid technical abilities. The candidate must be able to explain technical concepts to non-technical persons, have strong analytical, written, oral and presentations skills, and be a self-starter with a collaborative spirit.
- Knowledge of desktop systems and software applications. Good communication and interpersonal skills.
- Minimum of two years of recent systems administration experience in a Microsoft Exchange and Active Directory environment working with Windows and working knowledge of configuring software applications.
- Experience with installing, upgrading, maintaining, and supporting latest Microsoft Office Products a must.
- Experience in training end users on enterprise software applications.
- Extensive working technical knowledge of current Windows and Office products (Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Outlook, Access).
- Experience working in Microsoft Exchange environment preferred.
- Experience with Microsoft Active Directory, LDAP, DNS, DHCP.
- Experience with troubleshooting client/server applications.
- Working technical knowledge of local area network administration.
- Hands-on software and hardware troubleshooting experience.
- Experience with data management.
Certificates, Licenses, Registrations:
- Valid Pennsylvania Driver’s License.
- Criminal Background Clearance.
- Microsoft Certifications a plus.
Physical Demands: Must be able to hear, speak and see. The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
Work Environment: The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions. The noise level in the work environment ranges from quiet to moderately loud.
To APPLY: Click here for the Employment Application. To ensure full consideration, you must submit your application’ online by 4:00 PM on Friday, October 20; however, applications will be accepted until the position is filled. Upon completion of an employment application, you will be able to upload the following documents, which are required for full consideration:
- Cover Letter
Please note that reference to a resume may not be substituted for a fully completed employment application. Please do not fax or mail any documentation. Official College transcripts are required upon hire.
BENEFITS: The College offers a comprehensive benefits package that includes medical, dental, and vision coverage to full-time employees and their dependents. Benefits package also includes short-term/long-term disability, retirement, life insurance, generous paid time off and 11 paid holidays.
The College does not offer relocation assistance at this time.
As a condition of employment, the successful candidate must obtain all background clearances as may be required by Pennsylvania Act 153. Please refer to our Pre-Employment Background Check Information page for more detailed information.
At this time, Pennsylvania Highlands Community College cannot sponsor applicants for work visas for this position.
Pennsylvania Highlands Community College is an equal opportunity employer committed to diversity in the workplace. Pennsylvania Highlands Community College promotes a drug-free workplace.
Pennsylvania Highlands Community College does not discriminate in employment on the basis of race, color, religion, sex (including pregnancy and gender identity), national origin, political affiliation, sexual orientation, marital status, disability, genetic information, age, retaliation, parental status, military service, or other non-merit factor.