Site Director Assistant
**This position will be located in Somerset.
Summary: Serves as the support person for the site. Duties include, but are not limited to the recruitment of students for traditional enrollment, continuing education, and the accelerated college education programs. This individual will also assist the Director in offering comprehensive students services to students enrolled at the site. These responsibilities will include but are not limited to student activities, financial aid, and academic affairs. This individual will also serve as the Site Activities Club Advisor and provide opportunities for students to engage in community service throughout our region and promote students to share their college experiences with their friends and peers. Duties include but are not limited to answering and directing incoming phone calls, coordinating meetings and travel arrangements, maintaining student files, and data entry; functions including welcoming site visitors, assisting and disseminating information to students, faculty, staff and others; preparing correspondence, mailings and publications; and maintaining and ordering supplies.
Competencies: To perform the job successfully, an individual should demonstrate the following competencies.
- Adaptability/Flexibility – embraces change with innovation, courage and resiliency.
- Promotes Key Values – consistently demonstrates Pennsylvania Highlands’ values.
- Communicates Effectively – shares information and engages in candid and open dialogue.
- Focuses on Customers – works to exceed expectations of internal and external customers.
- Produces Results – directs action toward achieving goals that are critical to Pennsylvania Highlands’ success.
- Manages Own Performance – plans and organizes time and priorities to achieve expected results.
- Uses Sound Business Judgment – uses knowledge of the field and common sense to make the best decisions.
- Teamwork/Collaboration – excels at building partnerships and working as part of a team.
- Demonstrates Technical and Functional Expertise – seeks out technical knowledge and skills to meet the needs of both internal and external customers.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities include the following:
- Word processing of various reports, letters, memos, proposals, and meeting minutes in a timely manner.
- Greeting and responding to telephone and walk-in guests, screening and directing calls and the handling of routine inquiries from students, parents, faculty and staff.
- Communicating directives and messages; coordinating with other offices on correspondence, plans and problem intervention.
- Providing day-to-day administrative and office support for the site.
- Maintaining student and site files.
- Coordinating meetings and travel arrangements and serving as a recorder at meetings as needed.
- Working independently within a team on special and ongoing projects.
- Evaluating and ensuring adherence to office procedures while monitoring office procedures to eliminate duplication of effort and to streamline the flow of operations.
- Assisting the Director with program development and strategic planning, and monitors priorities and progress towards the site's goals.
- Demonstrating a high level of interpersonal skills to handle sensitive and confidential situations.
- Recruits prospective traditional and non-traditional students by various means including personal meetings, phone calls, mailings, and presentations.
- Provides follow-up via in-person, extensive telephone, email, and written contact to prospective students and applicants.
- Networks with other organizations, agencies, schools and businesses to plan, coordinate, schedule, and conduct informational meetings and other recruitment activities.
- Will assist the Director and other student services departments in offering high quality services.
- Assist the ADA Specialist to establish reasonable accommodations for students with disabilities.
- Other duties as assigned by the Director.
- Ability and endurance necessary to work the hours needed to complete the job.
- Attendance at all mandatory meetings.
- Regular attendance.
Qualifications: To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
Education and/or Experience: Associate's degree from an accredited institution required and three years related experience.
Language Skills: Ability to read and comprehend simple instructions, short correspondence, and memos. Ability to write simple correspondence. Ability to effectively present information in one-on-one and small group situations to students, visitors, and employees of the College.
Mathematical Skills: Ability to add, subtract, multiply, and divide in all units of measure, using whole numbers, common fractions, and decimals. Ability to compute rate, ratio, and percent and to draw and interpret bar graphs.
Reasoning Ability: Ability to apply common sense understanding to carry out instructions furnished in written, oral, or diagram form. Ability to deal with problems involving several concrete variables in standardized situations.
Computer Skills: Working knowledge of a variety of computer Microsoft software applications (Word, Excel, Access, and PowerPoint). Knowledge of or ability to learn College specific programs.
Certificates, Licenses, Registrations: Criminal Background Clearance
Other Qualifications: Ability to work with continuous attention to detail in composing, typing and proofreading material, ability to establish priorities and meet deadlines. Must be able to work in a fast paced environment with a demonstrated ability to multi-task.
Physical Demands: The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to sit, stand, walk and talk or hear. The employee is frequently required to use hands to finger, handle, or feel; to reach with hands or arms; and to stoop, kneel, or crouch. The employee must occasionally lift and/or move up to 25 pounds.
Work Environment: The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
The noise level in the work environment is usually quiet to moderate.
RATE: $11.53 per hour.
HOURS: 20 hours/week; Hours will be a mix of daylight and evening and are subject to change depending on the class schedule.
To APPLY: Click here for the Employment Application. To ensure full consideration, you must submit your employment application online by 4:00 PM on Friday,June 5, 2015; however, applications will be accepted until the position is filled. Upon completion of an employment application, you will be able to upload the following documents, which are required for consideration:
- Cover Letter
The successful candidate must obtain all background clearances as may be required by Pennsylvania Act 153.
Please do not fax or mail any documentation. Official Transcripts are required prior to hire. Reference to a resume may not be substituted for a fully completed employment application.
Pennsylvania Highlands Community College is an equal opportunity employer committed to diversity in the workplace. Pennsylvania Highlands Community College promotes a drug-free workplace.
Pennsylvania Highlands Community College does not discriminate in employment on the basis of race, color, religion, sex (including pregnancy and gender identity), national origin, political affiliation, sexual orientation, marital status, disability, genetic information, age, retaliation, parental status, military service, or other non-merit factor.