Summary: The Head Coach, Women’s Volleyball reports to the Director of Student Activities and is directly responsible for the organization and direction of a NJCAA, Division III Women’s Volleyball program. This position is also responsible for the organization and coordination of all team fundraising activities.
Competencies: To perform the job successfully, an individual should demonstrate the following competencies.
- Adaptability/Flexibility – embraces change with innovation, courage and resiliency.
- Promotes Key Values – consistently demonstrates Pennsylvania Highlands’ values.
- Communicates Effectively – shares information and engages in candid and open dialogue.
- Focuses on Customers – works to exceed expectations of internal and external customers.
- Produces Results – directs action toward achieving goals that are critical to Pennsylvania Highlands’ success.
- Manages Own Performance – plans and organizes time and priorities to achieve expected results.
- Uses Sound Business Judgment – uses knowledge of the field and common sense to make the best decisions.
- Teamwork/Collaboration – excels at building partnerships and working as part of a team.
- Demonstrates Technical and Functional Expertise – seeks out technical knowledge and skills to meet the needs of both internal and external customers.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities include the following:
- Recruit qualified student athletes as defined by the National Junior College Athletic Association.
- Ensure that all WPCC guidelines and NJCAA regulations regarding eligibility and participation are maintained.
- Manage/coach all pre- and post-season conditioning, practices, and contests.
- Ensure that practice/contest facilities are prepared for use according to established procedures.
- Assist with maintaining an inventory of uniforms and equipment.
- Assist with the scheduling of pre-season and regular games.
- Organize and coordinate all team fundraising activities.
- Other duties as assigned by the Director of Student Activities.
- Ability and endurance necessary to work the hours needed to complete the job.
- Attendance at all mandatory meetings.
- Regular attendance.
Qualifications: To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
Education and/or Experience: Bachelor’s degree preferred with at least two years experience in playing or coaching volleyball.
Language Skills: Ability to read and interpret documents such as safety rules, operating and maintenance instructions, and procedure manuals. Ability to write routine reports and correspondence. Ability to speak effectively before groups of customers or employees of organization.
Mathematical Skills: Basic Skills: Ability to add, subtract, multiply, and divide in all units of measure, using whole numbers, common fractions, and decimals. Ability to compute rate, ratio, and percent and to draw and interpret bar graphs.
Reasoning Ability: Ability to apply common sense understanding to carry out instructions furnished in written, oral, or diagram form. Ability to deal with problems involving several concrete variables in standardized situations.
Computer Skills: Ability to useMicrosoft Office programs (Word, Excel)
Certificates, Licenses, Registrations:Criminal Background Clearance. Valid driver’s license.
Other Qualifications: Knowledge of the rules and strategies of Volleyball. Ability to motivate and coach a team for competitive sports.
Physical Demands: The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
Will regularly need to speak, hear, listen, reach, run, walk and jump. Will need to lift and move equipment necessary for the sport.
Work Environment:The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
The work environment will vary from moderate noise to greater noise levels while in gymnasiums playing games or practicing. Temperatures may vary.
DATE AVAILABLE: August 2014
The rate for this position is a $5,000 stipend and there are no benefits. Selected candidate subject to a criminal background check as a condition of employment.
To APPLY: Only online applications will be considered. For full consideration, a complete application package is required and must be emailed to firstname.lastname@example.org by 4:00 p.m., on Friday, August 1, 2014; however, applications will be accepted until the position is filled. A complete application package includes the following materials:
- A fully completed employment application which can be found by clicking the following link: http://www.pennhighlands.edu/forms/employment_application.pdf
- Separate cover letter
- Separate list of three (3) professional references (names, addresses, email addresses, and telephone number)
Reference to a resume may not be substituted for a fully completed online employment application. Please include the title of the position to which you are applying in the subject line of your email.
Pennsylvania Highlands Community College Community College is an equal opportunity education institution and will not discriminate on the basis of race, color, national origin, sex, sexual orientation, or disability in its activities, programs or employment practices as required by Title VI, Title IX and Section 504.